Housing Services Mid Michigan offers a series of classes focused on the basics of money management. These classes are designed to help you manage your spending habits, learn and adopt new budgeting skills, repair credit problems, and/or recover from a financial hardship.
Who Should Attend?
This class series is designed for people who are thinking about purchasing a home, have struggled with a mortgage or bills, or are interested in increasing their financial skills. Classes are often made up of participants with varying levels of personal finance skills. As long as you are interested in trying to improve your financial situation, this is the class for you!
- Learn skills to control your money
- Assess your spending habits
- Adopt tracking and control mechanisms
- Learn triggers for overspending
- Identify financial habits that can work for you
- Learn skills to reduce credit and debt
- Become an Informed Consumer
- Learn to evaluate short term credit options
- Know how to shop for banking services
- Evaluate credit card offers
- Learn how banks make loan decisions
- Create Financial Stability
- Develop a plan to create an emergency fund
- Understand how to shop for health insurance
- Evaluate auto, renter’s, and homeowners insurance
- Attain Long Term Goals
- Manage your credit
- Assess readiness for homeownership
- Learn how to finance large purchases without large debt
- Gain insight on how to maximize your income and earning potential