Housing Services Mid Michigan provides case management for clients who are homeless or are facing a court ordered eviction in Clinton or Eaton County. Clients may also be eligible for financial assistance depending on available funding. In all cases, case managers work with clients to develop a plan for affordable permanent housing.
In order to meet with a case manager individuals must be homeless, at risk of becoming homeless, or be in a court ordered eviction. To schedule an appointment, call (517)541-1180 or stop by our office to complete the screening process.
Information to Bring to Appointment:
- Proof of income for the last 30 days (paycheck stubs, award letter, or bank statement showing direct deposits)
- Proof of emergency (court judgment, homeless shelter verification, letter from people you are staying with)
- Photo ID for everyone over 18 in your household
- Social Security Cards for everyone
- SER Decision Notice
- Information about monthly expenses (food, utilities, gas, etc.)
Please Note: An appointment with us does not guarantee financial assistance with your housing emergency. If HSMM can assist financially, it will only be with a portion of the total amount. Here are a few other agencies that may be able to assist:
Department of Health and Human Services – (517) 543-0860
Salvation Army – (517) 484-4424
Capital Area Community Services – (517) 541-5465
Siren/Eaton Shelter – (800) 899-9997